Monday, August 23, 2010

Self Seeking


Am I selfless (not self seeking) with my spouse? In other words, Do I focus on my spouses' needs and wants and balance them with my own.

This can be a tricky concept I think. How do you balance your spouse's needs with your own?

I'm not even close to having this one figured out. My husband and I regularly have the "What do you want today to look like?" conversation. Since I'm the talker and the more selfish one out of the two of us I inevitably end up being the one who spews out my to do list. Then we, ummm, somehow, forget to touch base with what he wanted to do. His to do list gets put to the side and at the end of the day I'm wondering why he seems frustrated.

This isn't just about to do lists - it's about spirituality, refreshment, matters of intimacy, emotions.

How do you balance your needs and your spouse's? I could use some tips and the more practical and concrete the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment