Monday, October 11, 2010

Filling The Gap - Vulnerability in Marriage


The Crack
Originally uploaded by Phijomo
"Do I seek to protect my spouse? Do I fill in the gaps where they feel weak and vulnerable?"

The thing about being married to a guy is that they don't talk too much. Especially about their insecurities.

I'm not sure how to fill in the gaps for my husband.

And he doesn't know how to fill in my gaps either.

There is no way my husband can fulfill every insecurity, weakness and item of fragility in my life, even when I want him to. And that is upsetting.

When I'm feeling vulnerable and fragile inside I want to be whisked into someone's arms, comforted and encouraged and told that everything will be alright. And I want my husband to do that.

But he can't. He has to let me work, struggle and fight it out. And trust in the only One who can truly help me by either filling in the cracks or smoothing them out to become something beautiful.

I would love to hear your thoughts. How do you handle vulnerability and gaps in your life in relation to your marriage?

No comments:

Post a Comment