Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why Blogging Bites

I mentioned to you yesterday the loneliness I've been experiencing lately.

One of the major areas of discontent and loneliness of my life has been through the course of starting the business. I have found blogging and web business enterprises to be very lonely ventures. There is a lot of competition out there. Did you know there are over 250 million websites out there?

I have run into several blogs that seem to have exploded in a short amount of time with thousands of followers and readers and all that other stuff. I go to Target all the time. Business success right in front of me.

I obviously do not run the Idea Room nor do I run Target! And that is lonely.

I have been racking my brain for the last several months - wondering what I'm doing wrong. And also just wondering what I'm doing. Striving to find great ways to encourage the survival of the business and my blogs. So many of those outreaches have just flopped. And that has driven me crazy because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm worn out from striving and I want to be done being worn out.

I do pray about almost everything I post and do with the business. But I AM STRIVING. I am not resting in Him to guide me. I am pushing ahead after quick prayers and hopes that things will work out because, hey, why wouldn't they? They all sound like phenomenal ideas to me!

It sounds contradictory, but I am going to make a serious effort to rest in Him. To take longer to pray before making decisions. To take more breaks just to think - or not think. Blogging, I have found, can consume my entire mind for great lengths of time. What to blog about next? How to write it? On and on. It's interesting because when I when I even THINK about hiding in the refuge He offers me and resting in His strength, I feel SO MUCH MORE peaceful. What a beautiful gift He offers me. I want to start accepting it now. And I don't want to go back.

Can you relate?




My Fortress - Jeremy Camp
I can feel it coming over me,
All the weight of what this fear can bring.
I know on my own I can't survive,
And I'm fading fast now.
I'm closing in on what's in store for me,
All the rest in your security.
I'm holding on to the words You speak,
And You're speaking clear now.
I'm running fast to seek Your face,
Head first I dive into Your grace.

Chorus:
You are my fortress,
You are the refuge where I hide.
You are the strength when I can't fight,
You are the only one I rest my life in.
You are the only hope I find,
You are my only peace of mind.
You are the only one I rest my life in.

I'm taking hold of what's in front of me,
A place where I can rest my weary feet.
There's no other place that I can go,
So I'm waiting here now.
I'm letting go what the world will bring,
A sanctuary that will never breathe.
I found my heart in that place before,
But I'll never go back.
I'm running fast to seek your face,
Head first I dive into your grace.

You are my fortress
You are the refuge where I hide.
You are the strength when I can't fight,
You are the only one I rest my life in.
You are the only hope I find,
You are my only peace of mind.
You are the only one I rest my life in.

I get lost within that place,
The place where I'll always wish I stay.
Oh.

Oh, You are my fortress,
You are the refuge.
You are the only hope I find,
You are the only one I rest my life in. Oh, You are my fortress,
You are the refuge.
You are my only peace of mind,
You are the only one I rest my life in.
Oh, You are the only one,
Only one I rest my life in Lord.
You are my hope,
My strength, my life, my peace.
My rock, my joy, my everything now, oh.
You are the refuge where I hide,
You are the only one I rest my life in.

3 comments:

  1. I think every blogger has gone through similar emotions. Blogging can be difficult and consuming. I love your plan of action to "pray longer" and to "rest in Him"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn,
    DO NOT give up! You have an amazing business idea. Remember, you just started this crazy journey. Things don't happen overnight. You are doing a good thing...give it time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amy! I'm not considering giving up, but resting in what His plans might be for the business and me. Thank you for all your encouragement and for doing the post on the business. I appreciated that more than you know!

    ReplyDelete