Monday, July 19, 2010

Thoughts on Kindness

Disclaimer - I'm feeling pretty sarcastic tonight, so we'll see how this goes.....

So everyone knows what it means to be kind. I decided for kicks (meaning for the sake of this blog post), I would google "how to be kind". Some crazy stuff came up and then I saw that ehow.com and wikihow both talked about kindness. I think it's kind of sad that people have actually typed up how to be kind, but I'm going to join the ranks of sadness myself and write about it too. I'm going to paraphrase what I actually found to be some interesting tips and I'm going to try them on my husband this week. I'm pretty sure he'll notice. Here is the complete article if you'd like to see it. And without further ado and in no particular order........
  • Smile.
  • Be positive. Ehow suggests using a positive attitude and tone of voice instead of calling names and cursing. What a novel idea! (And that would be an example of sarcasm and not positive attitude.)
  • Compliment your spouse.
  • Listen by making eye contact and not interrupting. Oh, my husband would like the eye contact thing instead of my bonding with the computer while he talks. (Mental note.)
  • Say thank you. Let your spouse know in some way you appreciate them. My husband sent me a text yesterday saying he was glad to have had some time with just me during the day. Made a huge difference in my day.
  • Be polite.
  • Offer to help your spouse with something. (No. Not pack their bags.)
  • Be nice.
There you have it. As sing songy as that is, it's still true and good thoughts to go on to be kind. See if there is something on this list that you could challenge yourself to work on this week. And remember, NO SWEARING!

1 comment:

  1. You're too funny but absolutely right! How's your week going?

    ReplyDelete