Friday, July 30, 2010

Fabulous Find Update - Craft Hope Project 9

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time About a month ago I blogged on this great organization I found called Craft Hope and what they are doing with simple sewing skills to make a difference in lives around the globe. Well, they just finished their last project in which they made towels for cleaning up the animals effected by the oil spill in the Gulf. This week they launched Project 9 and I wanted to make sure you knew about it.

Until September 15 they are running Project 9. Project 9's beneficiary is ConKerr Cancer - an organization dedicated to providing new and stylish pillowcases to all terminally ill children in the United States. Project 9 was established so you could help this organization by making pillowcases. That's it! They give you information about ConKerr Cancer, directions on how to make pillowcases and a list of addresses where you can send your finished pillowcases here. It's nothing huge - just a simple pillowcase. But it's going to make a huge difference in the life of a terminally ill child and their family. When I first saw this I wondered how a pillowcase could really instill hope in something so tragic, but then I saw the pictures. Can you imagine being stuck in such a sterile environment as one that cancer treatment and prevention would provide? Then can you imagine seeing a bright and fun pillowcase in that environment that your child could rest and be comforted on, knowing that someone was thinking and praying just for them, for you, as they created it. That seriously makes me cry and I don't cry easily. It truly is amazing to know that a difference can be made with something so simple. It's beautiful!

Let me know if you decide to participate in this project and send me pictures at karyn@delicatefortress.com! I can't wait to see what all you and I come up with! I'm going to attempt this - I've never made a pillowcase before. Here's my theory - if I create something that has crooked stitches and isn't exactly rectangular shaped, at least it was created in prayer and maybe it will give the family and child something to laugh at!

What do you think?

1 comment: