Monday, June 28, 2010

Fabulous Blog Finds - Craft Hope, The Pioneer Woman and Lysa TerKeurst

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time
Craft Hope is a fantastic blog and website designed to give you opportunities to help people and even animals that need it. This blog has only been in existence for a year and a half but has had tremendous success in part because it gives you practical and easy to get involved to help others but because it brings you in with a community of others who want to do the same thing. Each project lasts about a month and a half and they tell you what to do and how to do it. The current project is making washclothes and towels to give to the clean up workers in the Gulf who are helping clean the animals that have literally been coated with oil. In the past they have dresses and bean bags to children in orphanages. They are really doing wonderful things for so many in such a short time. You can check out their blog/website here.

The Pioneer Woman
is a very popular blog that you may have heard of already. In case you haven't, you might want to check out Ree's blog. She has quite a conglomerate of features on her blog including fabulous recipes, incredible photography as well as easy and brilliant photographic tips and photography contests, elements on homeschooling and home and gardening. I'm a fan of her dog to tell you the truth! Charlie is always up to something adorable in my opinion. My mother in law would strongly disagree since she is not a fan of basset hounds, but how could you not think this was adorable? Her photography is truly incredible and inspiring. If you're interested in any of these things, check her out here.


Lysa TerKeurst is a fantastic writer and blogger. I have been enjoying her blog for about a month now. I just finished reading her book The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained. This book literally sat on my bookshelf for 6 years because I'm not a girlie, mommy kind of person, even though I am a mom and was afraid I'd be so girled out by it that I wouldn't be able to take it. Not so. This book really helped attune me to my children and look at how I'm behaving with them and my husband as well as my Creator. I'm now following her blog. She is genuine, heartfelt and lays it all out on the line. It's a place you can go when you're having a bad "mom day" or just "being alive" day and feel encouraged. You can take a look at her blog here.

Share your favorites here and let me know what you think of these!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to find your blog...much like you I don't consider myself the blogging type! However, within the last 6 months, God has truly given me a passion to find ways in which my family and I can become more gracious givers. I never heard of Craft Hope, but WOW love what they are doing. Thanks for pointing me in their directions. So glad to find you at HCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! It's wonderful that you're leading your family toward being gracious givers. What a wonderful idea and high calling in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete