Friday, July 16, 2010

Fabulous Find - Pop Tab Donation

I think this is one of the coolest, simplest things I have ever seen!

I had to go to a website for the business this week through one of our suppliers, The Enterprising Kitchen. While I was there, I saw this side tab about a different way to support them. It led me to Moda Esperanza. Here is what they have to say about their mission.....

"The pop tab is a simple thing, one that many of us discard without a second thought, but through the Esperanza Project, the simple pop tab is changing lives.

Women and single mothers, many whom are orphans themselves, are empowered by earning a fair wage, while still being able to care for their children, by turning recycled pop tabs into beautiful purses, belts, bracelets and other fashionable accessories.

Collaboration between these women and local Chicago charities began in 2009. The charities include the Ronald McDonald House Charities - Chicago/Northwest Indiana Chapter (RMHC-CNI) and The Enterprising Kitchen (TEK).

RMHC-CNI improves the health, well-being and education of children through various programs. One of their main objectives is to keep families together as their children face severe medical challenges.

TEK empowers low-income women in the U.S. by teaching them job skills and helping them build a foundation for permanent employment and self-sufficiency, much like the women in Honduras.

Every person who buys an Esperanza product is empowered by knowing that they share in the advancement of women and families in both the U.S. and Honduras and in environmental sustainability.

The profits made from the sales of these products are 100% charitable."
Want to see what all they can make from a silly little pop tab? Check out their offerings here. Maybe this doesn't suit your taste or budget. You can still help by donating pop tabs! Just send them to this address:

Carolyn Nopar
Executive Director
The Enterprising Kitchen
4426 North Ravenswood
Chicago, IL 60640

Now my change jar can have some company with a pop tab jar! And cheers for drinking pop with purpose!

2 comments:

  1. I love your fabulous finds because it takes zero work for me and they are SERIOUSLY fabulous. Thank you!

    BTW, I would still love to have you write something for my blog whenever you have the time. Think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! I'm always amazed at what opportunities there are out there to make a difference in someone's life.

    I am working on your write up and haven't forgotten at all! Have been really busy with the giveaway, but I will definitely send it to you this week! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete