Friday, July 23, 2010

Fabulous Find - cnet.com and Photo Recovery

Remember when I talked about the Maeve Memorial Run we participated in a couple of weeks ago? Remember how I said that I was taking pictures for it? Well, I did that in part because I love to and in part because Jon and Melissa asked me to. I took over 1600 pictures that day. That night I anxiously put the memory card in the computer and looked at all the pictures. Next day, took it out, put it back in the camera and started taking more pictures at a birthday party we went to. I ran out of room (surprise, surprise!) on the memory card, so I just started deleting pictures and taking more. On the car ride home I continued to delete them until it dawned me, in a very sickening way, that I had not SAVED the pictures to the computer when I viewed them the night before. I felt like I was going to throw up when I realized that. I made my husband reverse course and go home (we had been on the way to another engagement) and I checked the computer, JUST IN CASE.

nothing.

No saved pictures.

I spent the next day googling photo recovery and if it would even be possible to recover ANY of the pictures I had deleted. Lo and behold, there is a way!!!!

Cnet.com has been my friend for about a year now. I have utilized it as a resource to learn and make decisions on purchases for anything from a handheld camcorder to which shopping cart software to use for the business. Cnet did not let me down this time. One of the most inexpensive photo software recovery programs was listed and reviewed on cnet and I could even buy it from there! I ended up purchasing Adroit Photo Recovery. I did the trial first, which was free. It showed me all the pictures I had deleted and then I had the option to buy if I wanted them recovered. Ummm. Let me think. YES I WANT THEM RECOVERED. $20 and 3 minutes later, wahlah, all the pictures, safely stored on my computer.

So if you need anything new in your life - camcorder, camera, registrar for your website, shopping cart software, TVs - anything that relates to technology at all, you have to check out this site.

And if you are ever like me and you delete too many pictures, you don't have to throw up. Cnet.com to the rescue!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a seriously good tip. I would have never guessed such a service existed -- thank you!

    And it's nice to meet you here...thanks for visiting Graceful this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You have no idea how relieved and grateful I was that it does exist.

    It's nice to meet you too! I really enjoyed your blog and can't wait to read more. Thanks for coming over!

    ReplyDelete