Monday, July 5, 2010

Fabulous Blog Finds - The Momtage and The Idea Room

I recently found the Momtage website through this blog and have really come to enjoy it. It's a brand new blog/community for moms in all walks of life. At the time being it is a small community, but the potential for this site is amazing. A down to earth and practical approach to mothering and all topics therein. Dana and Holly have a desire to develop a sisterhood among moms through their site and they have found some great ways to do this - hosting a book club (which was the main selling point for me), offering laundry tips and exploring many walks of motherhood. I am truly excited about what is going to become of this site and I encourage you to check it out here.

The Idea Room - I am in love with this blog and if you enjoy creativity at all and seeing what is out there that other people are creating or finding inspiring ideas for your creativity niche, this blog is for you. She discusses and provides tutorials for everything from dresses to pincushions to fruity popsickles. Her blog also features great ideas and tips from Kristen Duke photography. She just did a piece on great ideas for taking candid photos which I found to be really helpful in taking pictures of our family at the beach a couple weeks ago. I got some great shots that I will proudly display in my home! Amy has found a tremendous following in the short time she has been blogging and I am one of her faithful followers. Each Monday she does a giveaway, which Delicate Fortress is going to be a part of next week. Woohoo! I am really excited about researching the one she is doing today! Check out her blog here.

2 comments: