Monday, July 12, 2010

Challenging Your Marriage - Am I Patient?


I just finished reading the book "The Bathtub is Overflowing But I Feel Drained" by Lysa TerKeurst. Each time I picked up the book and read another chapter I was reminded to reset my focus, reset my focus, reset my focus. On Him. On what actually matters. I was challenged in my walk with Christ, my parenting and my marriage. I expected a cheesy mom book but that's not what I got.

Lysa inspired me to take a hard look at my marriage. In light of that, I'm starting a series called "Challenging My Marriage". I'm going to be using the Marriage Assessment based on 1 Corinthians 13 Lysa uses in her book. Each week we'll be challenged to take another look into our marriages based on the calling of Christ. To participate, just ask yourself the question and if you need to make improvements pray about it and strive to do the hard work. I believe coming alongside each other and working together will help - for encouragement, accountability and wisdom. Encourage your friends and readers to challenge their marriages by taking the button on the side and posting it on your blog or website. On Mondays the questions will be posed and on Tuesday I'll prayerfully give some of my thoughts. I challenge you to truthfully think on the things we comment on here, share your thoughts and strengths and weaknesses on these issues and encourage one another.

Consider with me......

Am I patient with my spouse? In other words am I flexible and understanding?

2 comments:

  1. I'm in and willing to seriously look at my marriage. I try to react the way I would like to be reacted to, and often fail. To be honest, I've said things that I know I would be hurt if they were said to me.

    It will be nice to do this alongside you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining. I've absolutely done the same thing - that's where the hurt look comes in. I'll be praying for you as you challenge your marriage!

    ReplyDelete