Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to Remove Food Coloring

Have your kids ever made those baking soda volcano things? You make a mold out of something, clay, playdoh, etc. and then you place some baking soda inside. You add vinegar to it and wala! A man made volcano!

Well, my kids wanted to add a little extra pazazz to the volcano, so they added food coloring to their mix as well. At the end of their play time, which was mostly unsupervised (not smart on my part), we had food coloring mix all over the countertops and hardwood floors! I tried using vinegar, soap and water - no difference. I had a pink floor and countertop! Until, I tried the Windex. Windex cleaned it up in a snap and you can't even tell it was there now! Just a helpful tip in case you ever need to clean off food coloring. I wonder if that would work after Easter egg dyeing! Our Easter pics would look a lot different I bet if I had discovered this in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment