Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pursuing Truth

The truth shall set you free!  - Christian Wallpaper Background CrossDo I rejoice with the truth? Do I actively pursue God's truth over Satan's lies? *

I don't think this is as easy as it sounds.

Pursuing truth. In our marriages.

What is the truth in your marriage that you need to continually pursue? Are you needing to pursue truth in believing in and resting in your spouse's love for you? Do you need to pursue the truth of harsh realities that seem insurmountable?

I don't believe Christ believes in "pushing things under the rug". I think He likes to deal with things in a straight forward manner. He certainly was not shy about dealing with the Pharisees, even in their thoughts. Nor was He shy about dealing with Mary in her adultery and subsequent stoning incident. He dealt with the truth head on. That's one of the things I love about Him. He doesn't believe in masks and pretending. He is Truth.

Whether we want to face it or not, there are truths we need to admit, believe, and or deal with in our marriages. Sometimes....I wonder if I should even say all the time. We're all sinful and at least my marriage seems to highlight that the most because I am the most "me" in my marriage as compared to all other relationships.

What truth do you need to pursue and even rejoice in through the scope of your marriage today? Rejoice because He, the author of Truth, will help you.

(*Taken from Lysa TerKeurst's book, The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feed Drained.")

2 comments:

  1. Oh, me too. I LOVE that Jesus always hit things head on, but with a loving spirit. Secrets are poisonous. Truth is healthy and enables us to be who God created us to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for pointing out that He comes at everything with a loving spirit. You are so right.

    ReplyDelete